The Star on line
PETALING JAYA: PKR adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim claimed that the medical report leaked on Monday confirmed that the sodomy allegations against him were baseless and were politically-motivated.
He urged the police to stop their investigation and to send the medical report to the Attorney-General’s Chambers and classify the case under “no further action.”
The medical report from Hospital Pusrawi, signed by Dr Mohamed Osman Abdul Hamid at 2.14pm on June 28, was leaked on the Internet on Monday.
The report said that there was no medical indication that Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, Anwar’s 23-year-old former aide, had been sodomised.
In the report, Dr Mohamed Osman had also recommended that Mohd Saiful go to a government hospital for further check-up.
In KUALA LUMPUR, Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar said that the case won’t be dropped based just on the medical report.
“This is just one aspect of the investigation. The police are piecing together evidence, let them do their job and complete their investigation,” he said.
“As it is, they haven’t charged Anwar with anything yet,” he noted.
Raja Petra Kamaruddin, editor of news portal Malaysia Today which first carried the medical report, also claimed that Dr Mohamed Osman had gone into hiding because the police wanted him to change his medical report to implicate Anwar.
The police have denied that allegation. [more]