Probe On Alleged Sodomy By Anwar Ibrahim Completed: Syed Hamid

Bernama

Probe On Alleged Sodomy By Anwar Ibrahim Completed: Syed Hamid

PUTRAJAYA, July 31 (Bernama) — The investigation on the sodomy case allegedly involving Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) advisor Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has been completed and forwarded to the Attorney-General for further action, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar.

He said it was police procedure to hand over the investigation papers to the Attorney-General’s office as soon as the investigation process had been completed.

“I was made to understand that the investigation process has been completed and the papers handed over to the Attorney-General’s office. It’s up to the Attorney-General to decide the type of action to be taken against him,” he said.

However, Syed Hamid said he was not told about the contents of the investigation papers.

Commenting on the rumour that police would detain Anwar on Thursday, Syed Hamid said everyone must allow the matter to run according to procedure.

“Let it go according to the legal process. Our laws have stipulated that Anwar is innocent until proven otherwise. So far, there has been no charge against him,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s